The 2023/24 INO Studio will commence in September 2023 to provide training, mentoring and high-level professional engagements for Irish opera artists as they develop a professional career.
The 2023/24 INO Studio will involve eight artists:
- Four singers
- Four artists from other disciplines; conductors, directors, composers, répétiteurs or others
Singers are likely to be those that have completed masters level training and are at the early stages of developing a professional career. Other artists may be those at an early stage of professional development, or more experienced artists that wish to expand their career in opera.
Opera Studio activities may include:
- Regular vocal coaching with top Irish and international vocal coaches
- Mentoring with leading creative artists
- Covers of principal roles in INO productions where appropriate
- Opportunities to assist opera creative teams
- Composing and writing opportunities
- Masterclasses and workshops
- Language coaching
- Performance opportunities
- INO Studio membership is for a period of one year from September 2023 to June 2024. In some cases, a member of the studio may be invited to stay for a second year.
- INO Opera Studio is open to Irish artists or artists based in Ireland at the point of application.
- There are no age limits for participation in INO Studio.
- Membership of INO Studio is not open to people in full-time study.
- INO is Dublin-based. Members will be expected to be able to participate in activities in Dublin and must be based on the island of Ireland for the full duration of the studio year.
- In seeking to address a prevailing gender imbalance in creative teams, INO will welcome and prioritise applications from conductors and composers who identify as female.
- Irish National Opera welcomes and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and ethnicities.
- There is no fee for application to or participate in INO Studio. Remuneration for participating in the INO Studio will be agreed following acceptance on the programme.
To apply for membership of INO Studio please submit the following documents via email:
- CV including details of training and professional experience to date.
- Cover letter (maximum one page) outlining why you would like to be a part of INO Studio, what you would hope to gain from the experience and why it would be relevant to you at this stage in your career.
- Publicity photo.
- A list of any upcoming engagements or periods where you are unavailable, if any at all, between September 2023 and June 2024
Applications should be submitted by 5pm Friday 3rd March 2023.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 20th March 2023.
Auditions for shortlisted singers and répétiteurs will be held on 3 April 2023 with interviews for other disciplines held on 4 April 2023. Auditions / interviews will be held at the INO offices at 69 Dame Street, Dublin 2
Irish National Opera are committed to equal opportunities, access and diversity in our recruitment process. If you foresee any additional requirements for an in-person audition for the INO Studio, do please highlight these as part of your application and we will do our best to accommodate. Such requirements will not have an impact on the success of your application.
Applications for the 2023/24 INO Studio are now closed.