Applications are now closed for the 2020/21 ABL Aviation Opera Studio.
The 2020/21 ABL Aviation Opera Studio will commence in September 2020 to provide training, mentoring and high-level professional engagements for Irish opera artists as they develop a professional career.
The 2020/21 ABL Aviation Opera Studio will involve eight artists:
- Four singers
- Four artists from other disciplines; directors, répétiteurs or others
- The position of composer or conductor is not open for 2020/21
Singers are likely to be those that have completed masters level training and are at the early stages of developing a professional career. Other artists may be those at an early stage of professional development, or more experienced artists that wish to expand their career in opera.
Opera Studio activities will include:
- Regular vocal coaching with top Irish and international vocal coaches
- Mentoring with leading creative artists
- Covers of principal roles in INO productions where appropriate
- Opportunities to assist opera creative teams
- Composing and writing opportunities
- Masterclasses and workshops in singing, movement and stagecraft
- Professional development seminars and workshops
- Audition training
- Language coaching
- Career management
- Participation in INO outreach programmes
- Performance opportunities
- End of year showcase event
- ABL Aviation Opera Studio membership is for a period of one year from September 2020 to June 2021. In some cases, a member of the studio may be invited to stay for a second year.
- ABL Aviation Opera Studio is open to Irish artists or artists based in Ireland at the point of application.
- There are no age limits for participation in ABL Aviation Opera Studio.
- Membership of ABL Aviation Opera Studio is not open to people in full-time study.
- INO is Dublin-based. Members will be expected to be able to participate in activities in Dublin and must be based on the island of Ireland for the full duration of the studio year.
- In seeking to address a prevailing gender imbalance in creative teams, INO will welcome and prioritise applications from female conductors and composers.
- There is no fee for application to or participation in ABL Aviation Opera Studio. Remuneration for participating in the ABL Aviation Opera Studio will be agreed following acceptance on the programme.
To apply for membership of ABL Aviation Opera studio please submit the following documents via email:
- CV including details of training and professional experience to date.
- Cover letter (maximum one page) outlining why you would like to be a part of ABL Aviation Opera Studio, what you would hope to gain from the experience and why it would be relevant to you at this stage in your career.
- Publicity photo.
Applications should be submitted by 20 March 2020.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Shortlisted singers and répétiteurs will be invited to attend a first-round audition on 3 or 4 of April, with second round auditions taking place on 7 of April.
Shortlisted candidates in all other vocations will be invited to interview on 8 April.
UPDATE: Due to the recent closures surrounding COVID-19, studio auditions will be rescheduled for a later date. Successful candidates will be notified of the new date in due course.
The initial application deadline for the studio will still close on 20th March as originally advertised.