Applications are now open for the 2019/20 INO Studio
The 2019/20 INO Studio will commence in September 2019 to provide training, mentoring and high-level professional engagements for Irish opera artists as they develop a professional career.
INO Studio 2019/20 will involve eight artists:
- Four singers
- Four artists from other disciplines; conductors, designers, répétiteurs, composers, librettists or others
- The position of director is not open for 2019-20
Singers are likely to be those that have completed masters level training and are at the early stages of developing a professional career. Other artists may be those at an early stage of professional development, or more experienced artists that wish to expand their career in opera.
Opera Studio activities will include:
- Regular vocal coaching with top Irish and international vocal coaches
- Mentoring with leading creative artists
- Covers of principal roles in INO productions where appropriate
- Opportunities to assist opera creative teams
- Composing and writing opportunities
- Masterclasses and workshops in singing, movement and stagecraft
- Professional development seminars and workshops
- Audition training
- Language coaching
- Career management
- Participation in INO outreach programmes
- Performance opportunities
- End of year showcase event
- INO Studio membership is for a period of one year from Sept 2019 to August 2020. In some cases, a member of the studio may be invited to stay for a second year.
- INO Studio is open to Irish artists or artists based in Ireland at the point of application.
- There are no age limits for participation in INO Studio.
- Membership of INO Studio is not open to people in full-time study.
- INO is Dublin-based. Members will be expected to be able to participate in activities in Dublin.
- Singers will be chosen to represent different voice types (female and male).
- In seeking to address a prevailing gender imbalance in creative teams, INO will welcome and prioritise applications from female conductors and composers.
- There is no fee for application to or participation in INO Studio. Remuneration for participating in the INO Studio will be agreed following acceptance on the programme.
To apply for membership of INO studio please submit the following documents via email:
- CV including details of training and professional experience to date.
- Cover letter (maximum one page) outlining why you would like to be part of INO Studio, what you would hope to gain from the experience and why it would be relevant to you at this stage in your career.
- Publicity photo.
- A separate document with web-links to performances or previous work can also be submitted (optional).
Applications should be sent to INO Studio and Outreach Producer James Bingham by 1pm on Wednesday 29 May
Interviews / Auditions for shortlisted candidates will be held in Dublin in the week commencing the 3rd of June