Vacancy | Digital Communications Manager (Maternity Cover)
Irish National Opera is seeking a creative, dynamic and technically-proficient individual to join the company as Digital Communications Manager (Maternity Cover).
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Marketing team, the Digital Communications Manager plays a key role in ensuring the company’s online presence is incisive, effective and aligned with the company’s ethos. Intersecting with all departments, the Digital Communications Manager leads on the company’s efforts to distribute its work on digital and other channels.
This role will be of interest to professionals with the creative and technical proficiency to design and deliver the organisation’s digital communications and dissemination strategy while managing multiple relationships and projects. This is a full-time position offered as a 1-year fixed-term contract (Maternity Cover). This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to be part of a growing team in one of Ireland’s largest and most dynamic artistic organisations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the primary functions of the Digital Communications Manager are: (1) to devise, create, implement, manage and assess the performance of campaigns to engage stakeholders through social media (paid and organic), website and other digital communications channels with the aim of increasing the profile of the company and its work and of maximising sales; (2) to identify, create and pursue opportunities to disseminate the company’s work through means other than live performance, including but not limited to radio, TV, cinema, streaming platforms, live broadcasts and commercial audio recordings, with the aim of maximising the company’s audience reach and increasing the company’s profile and revenue.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and optimise website
- Devise and create content for website
- Maximise reach and impact of website
- Prepare and update website for season and other major announcements
- In collaboration with others, ensure website reflects the company’s brand and message
- Devise, create and disseminate e-zines
- Manage database of e-zine subscribers
- Elaborate e-zine strategies to maximise impact
- Devise, create, implement and manage social media campaigns
- Create and commission content as necessary
- Ensure the company is visible, relevant and on-brand on social media platforms
- In collaboration with the Marketing Manager, devise online advertising campaigns
- Manage process of filming/recording performances and other events
- In collaboration with the Marketing Manager, commission promotional videos
- Principal liaison to broadcast/platform partners
- Manage livestreams of performances/other events
- Manage broadcasts of audio/video recordings
- Identify and create opportunities to disseminate the company’s work through digital means
- In collaboration with others, develop new audiences and maximise the company’s reach through digital means
This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual with great communication skills and creative ideas. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver quality work under pressure. They will show talent and capacity for building and maintaining relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
The candidate will have a track record in devising and managing social media campaigns or demonstrate the ability to do so. They will have a passion for the arts and a desire to contribute to the growth, development and success of Irish National Opera. A knowledge of opera is not a requirement but an openness to learn about the opera sector is desirable.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in social media, marketing or related sector
- Experience in managing website, e-zines and social media with technical proficiency to create and deliver content in house
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop or similar
- Proficiency in analytics tools to assess performance of website and social media channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit
- Personal accountability, high level of integrity and ability to work under pressure
- Focused self-starter with ability to work collaboratively with teams
- Strategic mindset
Key Information about this Role
Irish National Opera is an equal opportunity employer and encourages and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
This role will require some evening and weekend work, as well as travel in Ireland and some international travel. The company offers time in lieu for any overtime worked.
Flexible and remote working arrangements are possible where practicable. The principal place of work is the company’s office at 69 Dame Street, Dublin 2.
The salary range for this role is €36,000 to €40,000 depending on experience, plus up to 5% pension contribution upon completion of probation. The company conducts annual performance and salary reviews.
The role is offered as a one-year fixed-term contract (Maternity Cover), subject to successful completion of 3 month probationary period.
The annual leave entitlement is 20 days.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability and experience to Diego Fasciati, Executive Director email@example.com All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Closing Date: Friday 27 May at 5:00pm
Interviews will held during the week of 30 May 2022. It is envisaged that interviews will be held in person where possible. Interviews are also possible by video for candidates not currently based in Ireland or if required by public health guidelines.
Thank you for your interest in this role.