Vacancy | Stage Manager
Irish National Opera is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to join the company as Stage Manager.
The Stage Manager (SM) will play a key role in Irish National Opera’s production department led by the Head of Production. They will report to the Company Stage Manager (CSM) and work closely with the Assistant Stage Manager (ASM) and Production Manager (PM). They will be required to take on ASM or CSM duties on projects where INO productions overlap. During productions, the SM will work closely with all members of the creative team and act as main contact between rehearsal room and all other departments. The SM will be responsible for the running of rehearsals and calling the show to deliver productions to the highest standards. Between productions, the SM will work with the CSM and Head of Production on planning and will undertake additional responsibilities as required for other INO projects.
- Create and maintain a clear and accurate prompt score and archive all show information as soon as show run ends
- Ensure the rehearsal space is prepared and maintained in a suitable way to allow rehearsals to proceed efficiently and safely
- Provide daily rehearsal calls for the company and assist in the day-to-day planning and scheduling of all activities
- Create daily rehearsal notes and distribute these
- Ensure that all concerns and requests from cast are dealt with in a timely and effective manner in conjunction with the Company Stage Manager
- Assist the Company Stage Manager and Production Manager in producing risk assessments as required
- During performances and technical rehearsals, cue the show as required (including all lighting and AV cues, set changes and cast entrances)
- Participate in the get in and get out
- Create and distribute show reports after each performance
- Assist in delivering other INO projects as appropriate
- Perform other duties that may be required by the company from time to time
- Attend production meetings and minute them as required
- Adhere to all health and safety practices according to current legislation
- Help maintain and document all props in INO stores
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Capability to remain calm under pressure and manage challenges
Stage Management Skills
- Professional stage management experience in opera
- Excellent score reading and prompt book preparation skills
- Flexibility to work varied hours as required by production rehearsals and performances (including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays) and to work on tour as required
- Proven project management and documentation capabilities with proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint or similar programmes
- Awareness of Health and Safety principles and practice; willingness to develop these skills and knowledge
- Proficiency with QLab
- Ability to setup and operate AV equipment for rehearsals
- A good understanding of opera and repertoire
- Ability to provide first aid
- Full driving licence
- Proficiency in additional European languages
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability and experience to Executive Director Diego Fasciati at email@example.com. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Closing Date: Friday 11 June 2021. Interviews will held in the second half of June. It is envisaged that interviews will be held in person where possible. Interviews are also possible by video for candidates not currently based in Ireland or if required by public health guidelines.
For further information please consult the candidate information pack.