Vacancy | Freelance Researcher Required
Irish National Opera wishes to engage a postgraduate researcher in social sciences or humanities, on a contract basis, to facilitate evaluation of INO’s work as part of the Horizon 2020 project TRACTION. TRACTION is a European project consisting of 9 international partners, funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme. This exciting project brings together experts from the arts, technology and academic sectors to research and develop new technologies and methodologies that engage local communities in opera. You can read more about TRACTION here.
The researcher will assist Irish National Opera to assess the impact of the work we are doing as part of this project. The researcher will work in parallel with our TRACTION partners in University of Barcelona who are leading the work on evaluation.
The evaluation activities will assess:
- INO’s work with communities during a series of co-creation workshops that will take place online from Feb-June 2021
- Audience and participants’ reaction to the final VR Community Opera in summer 2022
The researcher will carry out this evaluation by:
- conducting research via focus groups and/or interviews and questionnaires following a pre-established protocol designed by our partners at UAB
- efficiently transcribing data and carry out a thematic analysis with the appropriate tools
- producing a report in English interpreting the data in the context of the investigation
The researcher should be familiar with:
- social science research methods, especially interviews and focus groups
- qualitative and quantitative data analysis
The researcher will participate in an international research project and therefore should be capable of:
- working in a team
- coordinating with other partners
Interest in or experience of performing arts, informal education or social exclusion would be an advantage. Fluency in the Irish language will also be a considerable advantage to this role as some of the workshop activity is carried out in Irish.
For further information on this role please contact email@example.com
Further information on INO can be found here https://www.irishnationalopera.ie/
Further information on TRACTION can be found here https://www.traction-project.eu/