Irish National Opera is committed to the professional development and engagement of Irish artists.
The INO Studio will begin from September 2018 to provide training, mentoring and high-level professional engagements for Irish opera artists as they develop a professional career.
INO Studio will involve eight artists:
- Four singers
- Four artists from other disciplines; conductors, directors, designers, répétiteurs, composers, librettists or others
Singers are likely to be those that have completed masters level training and are at the early stages of developing a professional career. Other artists may be those at an early stage of professional development, or more experienced artists that wish to expand their career in opera.
Opera Studio activities will include:
- Regular vocal coaching with top Irish and international vocal coaches
- Mentoring with leading creative artists
- Roles and covers in INO opera productions
- Opportunities to assist opera creative teams
- Composing and writing opportunities
- Masterclasses and workshops in singing, movement and stagecraft
- Professional development seminars and workshops
- Audition training
- Language coaching
- Career management
- Participation in INO outreach programmes
- Performance opportunities
- End of year showcase event
- INO Studio membership is for a period of one year from Sept 2018 to August 2019. In some cases, a member of the studio may be invited to stay for a second year.
- INO Studio is open to Irish artists or full-time Irish based artists.
- There are no age limits for participation in INO Studio.
- Membership of INO Studio is not open to people in full-time study.
- INO is Dublin-based. Members will be expected to be able to participate in activities in Dublin.
- Singers will be chosen to represent different voice types (female and male).
- In seeking to address a prevailing gender imbalance in creative teams, INO will welcome and prioritise applications from female conductors, directors and composers.
- There is no fee for application to or participation in INO Studio. If members of the studio are offered engagements with INO (for example roles, covers, chorus singing, assistant positions or event engagements) fees will be paid. Where studio members are called for activities outside Dublin, standard company travel and accommodation expenses will apply.